The Chamber’s golf tournaments are the perfect way to thank clients, entertain prospects, and reward employees. Golf outings are offered in the spring and fall with opportunities for golfers of all skill levels.
Golf Tournament’s 27th Year Supporting Education in the Region
The 27th Annual Ed Steffey Memorial Education Open golf tournament is scheduled for Friday, September 28, at the Goodyear Golf Course with a 1 p.m. tee time. Lunch will be served beginning at 11:30 a.m.
In its 27th year, the tournament has raised approximately $300,000 in support of educational projects in Danville and Pittsylvania County. The tournament is sponsored by the Danville Pittsylvania County Chamber Foundation.
There are several sponsorship levels for the tournament for businesses which can accommodate golfers and non-golfers.
- Eagle Club ($1,000) – Includes cart fees and lunch for a team of four players you select, first priority for tee time, corporate recognition and signage at the tournament, company recognition in promotional materials, and advertising recognition following the tournament. Eagle Club sponsors will also receive a complimentary round of golf for four with carts, to be used at your convenience at the Goodyear Golf Club.
- President’s Club ($500) – Includes cart fees and lunch for a team of four players you select, corporate recognition and signage at the tournament, company recognition in promotional materials, and advertising recognition following the tournament.
- Team Fee ($400) – Includes cart fees and lunch for a team of four players you select.
- Hole Sponsor ($250) – Includes hole sponsor signage and recognition at the tournament, company recognition in promotional materials, and advertising recognition following the tournament.
- Dean’s List ($100) – Includes sponsor recognition at the tournament.
- Honor Roll ($50) – Includes recognition at the tournament.
Whatever level of sponsorship and support, you are contributing to educators and educational institutions in our region that are creating innovative and collaborative projects to enhance the educational experience of our children.
This year’s tournament format will be captain’s choice, with every player’s drive being used at least twice.
To reserve a spot in the tournament field, contact the Danville Pittsylvania County Chamber of Commerce at 434-836-6990, (e-mail: email@example.com).
Chamber Classic Golf Tournament
It was a beautiful day as area golfers teed it up for the Annual Chamber Classic Golf Tournament on Friday, June 2, at Danville Golf Club. Sponsored by the Danville Pittsylvania County Chamber of Commerce, this year marked the tournament’s 27th anniversary.
Seventeen teams, representing 68 golfers, participated in the golf tournament which is an annual fund raiser with all proceeds supporting the Chamber’s work in economic growth and prosperity for our region.
Capturing first place gross was the Virginia Bank & Trust team of Roger Gillispie, Donald Murphy, R.J. Weaver and Bob Willeford. Second place gross winners were Kirk Turner, Stephen Wells, Brandon Powell and Travis Bowman, representing the team of Danville Distributing Company, Inc. The third place gross winner was the Chandler Concrete Company team of Neal Ragsdale, Brad Stowe, Scott Blankenship and Mark Wilson. Fourth place gross winners were Mike Jones, Ridge Gibson, Phil Kauneckas and Tim Rollinson, representing the Intertape Polymer Group team. Rounding out fifth place in gross score was the First Piedmont Corporation team of Lyle Moore, Donnie Scearce, Ken Pruitt and Rob Giannini.
Capturing first place in net score was the R.J. Baldwin Agency, Inc. team of Bob Warren, David Smitherman, Andy Loftis and Vern Cowan. The Danville Regional Medical Center team of Danny Cline, Mike Cochran, Jamie Reynolds and Brian Robinette finished second net. Third place net winners were Ward Anderson, Ambrose Evans, Chris Handy and Jennifer Johnson who represented the JTI Leaf Services, LLC team. The Averett University team of Jeff Haley, Peyton Keesee, Buddy Rawley and Mark Vaughan won fourth place net. Finishing in fifth place net was the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company team of Richard Davis, Greg Green, Steve Hall and Kelvin Venable.
“We appreciate the outstanding support from Chamber members and affiliated businesses for this year’s tournament. We also appreciate their year-round support of the Chamber as we strive to increase the profitability and success of our local business community,” stated Brian Finney, chairman of the Chamber Classic Golf Committee.