The Danville Pittsylvania County Chamber of Commerce is a prominent and influential voice for the region’s business community. The Chamber’s legislative committee and staff track public policy decisions at the local, state, and federal level throughout the year to ensure your voice is being represented.
Our activities include engagement, monitoring, education, and advocacy.
- Recruitment of Board and Committee members who have a strong understanding and connections to advance business priorities
- Workshops and programs to educate and encourage pro-business candidates
Monitor and evaluate local, state, and federal policy-making activities
- Attend public meetings and relevant policy forums
- Meet with elected officials and relevant policy-making agents
Educate our members on policy making impacts
- Advise stakeholders on local, state, and federal policy decisions
- Develop feedback mechanisms to measure our members’ key priorities
- Develop policy positions consistent with the Chamber’s mission
Advocate for the Chamber’s position on policy issues at the local, state and federal level
- Communicate with elected officials in a concise, coordinated, and credible manner
- Communicate issues and the positions of our elected officials at the local, state, and federal level
The Chamber also strives to play a leading role in fostering dialogue between the business community and our elected officials. Below is a list of annual Chamber events.
Legislative Event Calendar
January – Chamber Day at the Capitol / Old Dominion Assembly legislative reception
March/April – Legislative Wrap-up
July/August - State of the Region Address
September – Cookout with Local Elected Officials
December – Legislative Preview Meeting